Thursday, August 18, 2011

Watercolor, step by step.....

Many Shades of Winter
I am teaming up with Northwind Image this year in the Inspirations 2011 exhibit and this year I am painting from the photograph by Northwind Image shown below. The photography and paintings / textile art in this exhibit will be displayed side by side to feature what photograph inspired the artists. If you are in the Topeka area during November - December, stop by the Classic Bean in Fairlawn Plaza at 21st & Fairlawn.


The filmstrip image below is a preview of the beginning stages of my watercolor with the last image my reference, the actual photograph. Be sure to check my progress of this painting in my: Original Artwork album within the galleries section on my website at: www.tscpgraphics.com


When I paint I always have some watercolor paper off to the side to check the colors and test the waters, literally!

I want to thank Grant & Delores of Northwind Image for giving me permission to paint their photograph. To view more of their photography, visit: www.northwindimage.zenfolio.com 


I hope everyone is enjoying my new blog, thanks for visiting!



No comments:

Post a Comment