Monday, August 15, 2011

New Jewelry Collection.......

Jewelry Elements Series
The jewelry I design includes 'elements' I am drawn too. The beads are from my personal collection and my favorites include hand blown glass, natural stone, precious gems and filigree metal beads. I enjoy mixing the different beads together to create an unique design one would not find in a store.  
Elements is part of my new jewelry collection. This necklace includes an assortment of handcrafted wooden beads with a mix of silver, gold and copper finished filagree metal beads along with a metal toggle clasp. The length of this necklace is 17 inches from clasp to clasp.




My fascination with creating my own jewelry designs started when I found necklaces in the stores that I would prefer to wear as bracelets. I found myself wrapping them around my wrist and thinking the necklace would make a fun bracelet. I started out simple –create stretchy bracelets for myself since all I had to do was measure them up to fit and tie a solid knot that hid inside a bead.

Over time my bead collection grew and I was asked if I sold the jewelry I made. So if I have enough beads and I would wear the design myself I create a similar one to sell. It has been getting harder to create the same design again as I run out of the beads and can not find replacements. Also, it is fun to create a one of a kind design now that I am more comfortable with wire jewelry and a secure crimping bead. I found some of the jewelry I purchased years ago at a Farmer's Market only had a flat crimp, they did not close the crimp and that resulted in the wire working it's way loose and my determination to fix it correctly.

You can see more of my jewelry and additional detailed photos of this new Elements necklace on my website in my Jewelry Gallery at: www.tscpgraphics.com

Be sure to also check out my facebook page: TSCPgraphics .........thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. It's cool that you've found your own way of loving your sets of jewelry and accessories. It seems that many people have noticed your designs, and the fact that they are asking you if you're selling means that they are interested in buying your crafts. :)

    [Bridget Rossi]

    ReplyDelete